The information and pages contained / referenced in this section of my blog is primarily a reference for me on my hackery activity in Android Systems Engineering . I also hope it is sufficiently coherent and useful that others may reference it.
Good luck, and remember – your mileage may vary, contents may settle and I am not responsible for good or bad things that may result from your actions.
- Cookbook: Android System Hacking 101 – A collection of basic recipes (detailed processes) that demonstrate ADB, Fastboot, Recovery, Backup/Restore and Rooting. These are all foundational processes critical for building a ROM from AOSP.
- Cookbook: AOSP ROM Building 101 – A collection of basic recipes that demonstrate how to build a ROM for your device from AOSP . These are foundational processes critical for developing a custom ROM from AOSP.
- Cookbook: AOSP Custom ROM Building 201 – A collection of recipes that demonstrate some basic methods to customizing a ROM build from AOSP.
- Reference: ADB and Fastboot – A basic reference for these tools.
- Reference: Remote Access Tools – Screen, PuTTY, WinSCP, and SSH